| Bucks County Publishing is a new, small and independent publishing house and it is currently closed for submissions!
Why Submit to Bucks County Publishing?
Bucks County Publishing is seeking out quality stories from excellent authors. We are looking for quality manuscripts in the following genres only (submissions can span more than one):
- We currently pay 40% net on all sales or single releases (anthologies pay out differently) and do not charge authors any fees at any time for any service. Not for book setup, not for ISBNs, not or anything else related to the production of your book. Example: Amazon Price $15.00, Amazon pays BCP $3.00 for the sale of that book, Author gets $.90. It is that simple.
- Our editors and executive staff work very closely with authors to bring their novels to print.
- We are small enough to be able to take a risk on a great story that may not fit mainstream publishing markets.
- Our main business is putting novels in print, not eBooks like many other independent publishers. We do some eBook only, but that isn't our focus.
- You get ARC copies at no cost. We strive to get them to you as early as possible and always have a eBook ARC to you a month before publication since most reviewers prefer electronic copies.
- We offer deep discounts on direct author orders, the best in the business giving you the opportunity to make the most out of book signings.
- We never release new print books any less than two weeks apart giving your title an ample amount of time for "new release" promotion.
- We list ALL your releases on our website, not just BCPs releases. When you sell books, we all win no matter who publishes it.
- Full length Mystery Novels
- Full length Thriller Novels
- Full length Horror Novels
- Full length Paranormal Novels
- Novella (20k-30k) Horror stories for eBooks
- Novells (20k-30k) Paranormal storied for eBooks
Our current response time on manuscripts is 2-3 weeks.
If you have a completed, quality manuscript please read our submission guidelines:
- E-Mail Submissions ONLY.
- You do not need an agent. We prefer to work directly with authors when possible.
- Attach the first three chapters only of your manuscript to your e-mail. If we like what we read, we will request the full manuscript from you.
- Manuscript must be in RTF or Microsoft Word format only.
- Any length story is acceptable at this time, however if you are looking to get your story in print it needs to be a minimum of 50,000 words. Manuscripts that are less than that amount will be considered for eBook publication only. Please specify length in e-mail.
- Manuscript should be previously unpublished.
- Manuscript should already have been read by someone other than yourself.
- Is this your first draft? Revise it again and have someone read it before submitting it to us. The quality (typos, sentence structure etc..) of the manuscript does count!
- Include the following in your e-mail: manuscript attachment, your name, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, manuscript title, word count, genre, a brief bio of yourself and a short (three to five sentences) synopsis of your manuscript.
- While we do not require it, authors who are Internet savvy are given preference. We love to see authors who have their own website, blog, Facebook or other similar social media vehicle by which to interact with readers more directly. If need be, we can assist you with this.
- If you do not follow our submission requirements -- which are very simple -- we may not respond to you at all.
What we are not looking for:
Click Here to send your submission to: Our Submission Department
- Erotic Fiction of any kind
- Screen plays
- Non-fiction of any type
- Children's books
- Graphic novels
For more information how we handle publishing, royalties or any other questions please e-mail us!